Industry spec 1.2mm 5356 ALUMINIUM MIG Welding WIRE D200. ER5356 is a stiffer Mig welding wire and is used when higher strength weld properties are needed. Use a stainless steel wire brush to clean the aluminum before welding, this will help to remove the oxide layer. This precision layer wound aluminium MIG wire containing 5% Mg (Magnesium) is considered to be the most commonly used aluminium mig wire. The aluminium alloy 5356 is the most widely used aluminum filler alloy and can be classified as a non-heat treatable general purpose alloy. It is chosen due to it's relatively high shear strength because of the added magnesium which is the primary alloying element. The 5356 grade mig welding wires have broad ranging applications which include the manufacture of storage tanks, boat building, bull bars, automotive & general aluminium fabrication. This mig wire is suitable for welding a wide range of cast & wrought aluminium alloys.
Qty 1 x 1.2mm ER5356 ALUMINIUM MIG Welding WIRE 200mm Spool 2Kg
- Precision Layer wound, Double Diamond shaved wire
- Suitable for a range of Aluminium materials
- Mounted on 200mm (D200) spool.
- Suitable for welding in all positions
- General Aluminium fabrication and repairs
- Bullbars and Rollbars
- Boat building
- Most commonly used general purpose aluminium filler metal
- Suitable for welding magnesium bearing aluminium alloys such as 5083, 5086, 5154, 5251, 5454, 5456.
- Suitable for weldingalso heat-treatable alloys such as 6063, 6061, 6082, also dissimilar aluminium grades containing a maximum of 5% Mg
- Use with Argon gas
- Suitable for welding components that will be subsequently anodised.
- Pre-heating up to 120c may be necessary in some applications, depending on parent metal thickness.
- Wire brushing between each pass is recommended to ensure removal of surface oxide build up.Welding of many Aluminium alloys
Branding not only helps you recognise quality products, a brand that has an Australian trademark can be tracked to a physical owner. This generally provides more certainty about the authenticity of a product because the contact details of the brand owner are on public record.
- 1 Years Parts & Labour
Mig Welding Wire Features
No posts found